Thread: PBEM Campaign
View Single Post
Old September 12th, 2008, 01:13 PM

Corporal

Sniper23 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PBEM Campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_of_red View Post
Your 80x80 will do, so long as there are arty limits. What I'm trying to avoid is the all arty battle that was in vogue a decade or so ago. 15,000 points of arty and just saturate the map. It works, but it's SO boring.
Tanks (MBT's) were invented to get away from that stuff. I try to avoid artificial limits and rules that take advantage of the game system, so if my opponent wants 50% of his points as arty, fine, I want a map big enough to maneuver on to avoid that arty. Not that I'm saying you are a red leg, but just so you know where I'm coming from. If you need a small map due to memory restrictions on your machine, I'm good with that, we just need to agree on a limit to arty.
i like 80x80 map's and don't worry about arty,even against the ai with battalion size battles i only buy 1 arty battery,a few morter's, and mabe a on map arty battery depending on how i feel and my machine can take big map's too, memory afaik is not a problem

to EJ: sure i accept,i might mess up with the pm procedure's though,this is my first time against a human and pm sending sound's confusing and what date do you want it at?

edit: and what type of battle?

Last edited by Sniper23; September 12th, 2008 at 01:25 PM..