Thread: Mod Worthy Heroes 1.8
View Single Post
Old October 1st, 2008, 02:04 AM

General

HoneyBadger is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Worthy Heroes 1.8

I was wondering if there was any real interest in a "Surtr" hero for Abyssia-Surtr being the king of the Muspelheim Jotuns. Since there's no Muspelheim in the game currently (Not from lack of interest!), and since Abyssia has taken up that role-atleast until someone creates a decent Muspelheim-in either mod or vanilla version-I thought it might be quite interesting to have Surtr show up to fight for the Abyssian cause, lacking as he does a Nation of his own.

He'd have roughly the same stats as the Niefel Pretender (Surtr is supposed to be a *MAJORLY* bad guy, so this isn't out of the question), but all of his abilities would be Fire and Death, instead of Water and Death. He'd also be a good candidate for summoning and leading Smoulderghosts, which I *think* require Fire + Death.

This would be very thematic, in that there's a lot more material on cold-giants than fire-giants in the Norse Myths (It's just basically Surtr and his wife, Sin, leading a vague bunch of unnamed entities), so having Surtr show up in Abyssia would explain that, since maybe there's not very many fire giants around, and maybe "Muspelheim" is just another name for Abyssia.

He'd be a hero for all three Abyssian eras, since Surtr's supposed to be the general of Ragnarock.

By the way, is there any "Worthy Heroes" list of which nations have empty hero slots to be filled? Now that we have access to 6 hero slots and 6 multihero slots, there has to be some available space for almost every nation.

Last edited by HoneyBadger; October 1st, 2008 at 02:09 AM..