View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2008, 04:11 AM

Lieutenant General

JimMorrison is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Nation: Dragons, Magic Incarnate now with preview

Messed around with these guys a little tonight.

First, a bug. The Stargazer dragon has a typo in the path for its attack/casting sprite, it is directing to "Stargazerblahblah.tga.tga". Worked fine when I fixed it.

Second, I changed the Poison Spit to have 3 attacks, and I think it's pretty well balanced like that. The 3 attacks hit 3 separate targets, but only individual units - it's weaker than AoE, and uses ammo up faster. I'm considering upping the ammo a little, since now they only fire for 13 rounds.

Third, I don't know what I am doing wrong, but wow these guys are hard to get off the ground. With Mighty AI, I can't seem to keep up. Maybe they could use a little stronger starting army? Especially if you add in anything to balance them in late game that slows them down even further at the start, they will need some kind of boost to even get them off the floor.

Oh one other thing, your "Claws" attack has 2 attacks, but the AP claws only have 1, which seems a little odd to me.

Oh yeah..... Also, perhaps add Holy 1 to the Stargazers? As it is, the only Holy you can get is on your Prophet, and it would be nifty if the Stargazers could Bless themselves, and possibly Communion up to get big Banishes for use against Ermor. As it is, the dragons have 0 chance against Ermor, at any stage of the game.