View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2008, 12:25 AM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tactical Suggestions

Turn 11

Enemy top edge advance is still stalled. Hit enemy with direct and indirect fire. One platoon is visible, but the rest of the company is hidden behind the slope of the hill.

Still very few enemy infantry units are visible. One Valentine III tank is still lumbering slowly toward the Southeast corner of hill 2. Another one has appeared heading toward the gap between hills 1 and 2. The track immobilized in the open was killed by a top hit from an MG-42. Supporting Valentine IX and III tanks are advancing West toward gap between hills 2 and 3. They are 600-800 meters out still I pulled my tank company back so I can pick my shots when the time comes.

At hill 3, the StuG ambush paid off. Three Valentine IX tanks were destroyed without any shots taken at the StuGs. One Valentine IX remains. There are also four Valentine IIIs, but the 2pdr isn't as big of a concern against the front armor of the StuG. One truck mounted 6pdr was destroyed by small arms. Artillery hit the troops in the open, but was more harassing fire than anything. I want to slow the infantry down while I continue my troop shift. The advance along the bottom edge of the map has either stalled or the troops shifted to the attack on hill 3. I don't have eyes on them beyond the edge of the hill, but there had been a platoon and a half there last turn. Maybe the artillery has them running.

Still no enemy artillery. With 13 batteries, it will disrupt whatever it hits. I just hope it's too late to help the enemy.

Casualties

Friendly: One casualty

Enemy: Three Valentine IX tanks, one truck mounted 6pdr destroyed, one infantry section dispersed, estimated 15 infantry casualties.