View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2008, 08:56 PM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: Bou Arada - Tunisia

Turn 3

MG-42s opened up and destroyed five advancing trucks. They also engaged some infantry that dismounted from some tracks that have already run up to my machinegun line. One mark IVg destroyed a couple of scout cars. Artillery hit the advancing mass again, hitting some more tanks forcing infantry dismounts. Now visible are some Crusader AA mk1 tanks. No matter, I don't have air support. The number of enemy tanks appears to be increasing. At this point, estimate the number of approaching vehicles at 200+. Smoke is obsuring some of the battlefield, so there is no way to be sure.

I've attached a screen print of what I see attacking. Some I can't see because of smoke. There are so many, the screen print is zoomed out. I have a total of 35 tank killing guns. While I don't really like to allow too much opfire because it wastes ammo, it's necessary in this case. Forces like this can't be stopped by just firing on my half of the turn.

Casualties

Friendly: Zero.

Enemy: Two Morris 15cwt and three 1&1/2 Ton trucks destroyed, two Daimler Dingos destroyed, estimated 15 casualties.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	British Tanks - Turn 3.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	7307