Thread: DAR: Sicily
View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2008, 03:33 PM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: Sicily

Turn 4

One company of engineers has unloaded about just across the enemy deployment line behind some trees. This is in the area just South of hill 4. I was a bit careless because I crossed their deployment line without reconning it first, but I got away with it. No mines were found the hard way. The South end of this group was engaged by an enemy bunker with no effect. I popped smoke to block their line of sight. Arty will drop some smoke in front of the bunker and I'll just bypass it.

The second company of engineers are starting to unload in the woods just East of hill 4. Scouts are starting to move up the slopes of the hill. My Tigers have split up so one platoon can support each company as they look for mines.

Both companies of SS panzer grenadiers are starting to move forward. The two squads with immobilized tracks have been picked up by my two spares.

Incoming enemy mortar fire destroyed one track loaded with two MG-42 sections. I'm going to have to find and neutralize them. One mortar was a 60mm, so it has to be close.

Initial impressions of the enemy position are they have heavier defenses more forward than usual. Normally, they don't have ATGs and bunkers close to their deployment line.

Casualties

Friendly: SdKfz 250/1 and estimated 12 casualties.

Enemy: zero

Last edited by RERomine; December 8th, 2008 at 03:40 PM..