Thread: DAR: Sicily
View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2008, 07:10 PM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: Sicily

Turn 7

This time, the enemy artillery found my tank park full of PzKw IVhs. Bigger stuff was included in this barrage. None were destroyed or immobilized, but three lost their main guns and coax machine guns and two of those suffered crew casualties. I'm just going to hide them in remote wooded locations and hope the enemy planes don't find them.

My engineers have cleared a 300m breach in the minefield South of hill 4. Before doing this, they engaged and destroyed an enemy squad suppressed by my artillery. The core units will start moving towards that gap once the tracks pick up the infantry. The tanks have already started moving, if for no other reason than to clear out of the enemy artillery impact zone. The engineers will start sweeping around the Southern edge of the hill clearing any additional mines and engaging enemy infantry found.

Engineers on hill 4 have started clearing mines. More have been found across the middle of the peak. Progress is moving slowly in this area because the initial advance was slowed by the now destroyed enemy ATGs.

My counter battery hit around the enemy 60mm mortar, but not really on target. Adjustment will solve that problem. The same applies to the possible location of an enemy 81mm mortar.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 5 casualties

Enemy: Estimated 10 casualties.