View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2009, 03:31 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Them Germans were good

Well minor porky I bought 6 bombers not 3 , also 5 gliders & there are acouple of level 2 hills on my side.

My ATGs have been ordered to assist the paras so on board 3 of the gliders. The FOOs comandered the motorcycles for a run to those hills & FOO vehicle is following one, slowpoke.
Turn 1 the 6 armoured car & remaining motorcycle head down main road stopping in full sight & drop a bit of smoke near his side of the river. Will the AI think I am coming that way? Also a few empty trucks in general area but probably take him another turn to see.
Main force is grouped to close together as top road is to near map edge, if he drops arty here its game over.

Turn 2 one of the hills is not safe for my FOOs 155mm Bat just landed on, will wait nearby before risking.
I can get to about 250m from river in vehicles then have to unload as visible.
Drop arty barrage on landing zone.
82Mtrs are there usual useless self as cant reach anything they are now in range to bombard riverside.

Turn 3 Drop smoke to protect landing zone. I got 8 gold spots & placed 4 on riverbank some arty transfering over to hammer it. I have also decided to use the bombers here as crossing is the hard part, they are ready to go & FOOs should have eyes on next turn.

Turn 4
Ruse might have worked no AI arty this go, hope he has called on centre, will start pulling forces out of there next go.
Riverside bombardment starts & paras come in.
Sort of cheating did not realy think about but came in from side as that was the direction I wanted them to spread. Smoke worked a treat no plane was fired on before they dropped & only a couple were hit later, all 20 or so survived thats a first.
4 units drifted off & took fire while landing 2 lost a man & one LMG section was destroyed as forgot to set company rally point so Lemminged towards them.

So I have 2 intact para companies & 3 ATGs on his side to see what they can spot. Hope tanks are not to heavy in the area but planes are primed & ready to go when they have targets.
2 FOOs have a good view but on reflection should have risked sending one over as LOS will get messy fast.
Screen shot straight after landing attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	para drop.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	7503