View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2009, 03:10 AM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Conceptual Balance Mod 1.41

Quote:
Originally Posted by lch View Post
Yeah, you should better give examples of what you'd like to see instead of merely suggesting them. That way they'll be implemented a lot faster.
Okay, heres a quick one for Ultimate Gateway. It's not too polished, just to show what I mean. I can write one for each site, if you have the need.

Quote:
The myths have been proven right! A great pillar of light has been seen, ascending to the heavens from province Y. The God X has found the tear in reality, the festering wound on creation, the one caused by ancient horrors in times aeons past. It is a source of great arcane might, the Ultimate Gateway between which is and which can be, a testament of pure potential. Extraodinary creatures previously known only in myths and legends will heed the call of the Gateway, flocking to the well of arcane might. X can easily subjugate these creatures into service and use their might on the rise to godhood.

The endless legions of creatures from the gate are a sign of God X's divinity and will soon flood the world. Show that you are the one true God! Take the Ultimate Gateway from the heretics and make the legions scream your name!
I admit that there is a possibility of just using the informational route, but I don't think that would thematically fitting to game like dom3.
Quote:
The God X has found site A, which grants conjuration bonus of Y. The site resides in province B.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsaber
At least the player who finds the site has two turns to reinforce his defenses.
Oh, Llamabeast what I meant by this was that when this is implemented, the guy who finds the site has would probably have two turns to reinforce his defenses. Since I don't know how this mystery program works, it's just a quess. Should've mentioned that.

Turn X: Player 1 finds Ultimate Gateway, starts sending in mages & protectors. Player sends his turn. The amazing program finds that Ultimate Gateway has been found, sends message to all other players.

Turn X+1: Other players receive the message of the Gateway. NAP's are cancelled, Teleports & Cloud Trapezes casted, mayhem ensues*.

So player 1 has turns X + (X + 1) to establish defences before any actual attacks & battles may happen.

* Well, probably not. People are usually busy in MP and probably won't have resources to assault another player immediately just because he found a cool site. But you know, diplomacy might be tough if people know that you have a gateway.