View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2009, 10:27 AM

Private

archita is on a distinguished road
Default Re: the best ways to use US Army against Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdll View Post
Something tells me you are new to this game.

Use your Apaches from great distance. The enemy can't have complete view of the battlefield. The Apaches can go behind hill, sneak, fire and cover. Use trees, hills, buildings anything to take cover and you should be able to do it. I know it is possible, I do it all the time.
The only way for non manpad infantry to hit your gunships is if you are flying too close to it. Don't use your apache like an inf squad. Have it at least 40 hexes away from the enemy units.

Javelin and top attack tow can not be innefective against T-90. They are top attack missiles, most of the time they hit a tank, they will destroy it. I don't know how you see them as not effective against T-90.
sure but the random map for USvsRussia is russian terrain often, with not many obstacles views

i'm agree on use Heli behind hills, i'm tryng

i seen Javelin not destroy T90 to first hit and many TOW mobile are eneffective, ATGM M1045 or Heavy ATGM are better ( for me, of course )

a problem of ATGM units is low ammo. they needs ammo truck near after same shot...

the russian player can use smoke away to problem view for US ATGM units, the US ATGM units are enough capable to fire with smoke?

you suggest me patriots like SAM long range defence ?