Old May 30th, 2009, 01:32 PM

Private

Piłsudski is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A Few Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gila View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piłsudski View Post
Ahh, thank you, Andy, for the reply. I was mistaken then about WaW being a mod of the original game, sorry about that. MBT plays out much differently than WaW and requires an entirely different approach in playing. However, I am entralled by the game, but have much to learn -especially that most infantry carry alot of anti-tank weapons and the like, or even anti-air missiles!
Do you have WinSPWW2?
Playing MBT in modern warfare, fresh from WaW would be frustrating,to say the least!

It's lot easier to get a grasp of the major differnce's from SPWaW and SPWW2,SPMBT and they are much different.
I have been playing Steel Panthers WaW (and Enhanced) for years, but never played SPWW2 strangely. The biggest change is in Op fire and the amount of ATGM in the game. I am still trying to learn the best op fire settings for units. What I have found so far is to set up platoons in Two-up formations, with my lead sections set at op fire of 2 or less hexes, my platoon leader set at 0 hexes, and my support section in the rear set at 8 hexes or so (but only if they are equipped with a decent MG).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Probably the best way to learn the differences in modern combat ( and the differences between both games ) without suddenly diving in too deep to would be to start playing battles with winSPMBT in the late 1940's or early 50's then move up a decade at a time. That way you are not suddenly dropped into a ATGM rich enviroment without any lead in

As Andy noted WaW is NOT a mod of our games though our WW2 mod of Steel Panthers 2 predates the release of WaW by a couple of years.

Don
In playing SPWAW, I almost always preferred infantry over armor, so this will help in switching over games. However, I jumped right into modern scenarios, starting with the Heart of Africa campaign. That campaign is simply a treat to play I will have to keep battles small, no more than a company in size, until I get the hang of it. I don't even want to try armor right now