View Single Post
Old June 18th, 2009, 03:45 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: the best ways to use US Army against Russia

C of Red I was not going to post anymore but you are missing the whole point. I am not saying Soviet tanks are ubber tanks & putting it to the test in MBT the M1 will win unless ther is a huge disparity in the players.
There was a huge enough disparity in the combatants & as Marek points out this tends to be the case more often than not & is what I have been saying throughout.
You seem totaly unable to grasp a big enough diffrence effects the outcome & brain over brawn applies to war to.
I dont think there has been a war since WW1 when both sides were matched both on equipment or skill. The US had its biggest problems after all in Vietnam not because they had good equipment but because of the tactics used, a "proper war" & it would have been over in weeks.
Quite simply put it would be a hard slog but in MBT you would beat a rookie who had vastly superior equipment.
The other point I raised is you cant just take a cursory look at info you have to dig to get anything like the whole picture which is what bought me into this as you are ignoring lots of factors in my view.