Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
.com.unity Forums - View Single Post - Momentum 2 - Finished - Psycho/Pan wins!
View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Momentum 2 - no hoarding, banned globals, tart changes, fast pace - Recruiting!

I'm not interested in playing but wanted to comment on the settings.

(1) I don't understand the need people feel to ban those globals. Ok, I can understand FotA and Utterdark. But other than that...

-I can't even figure out what AC is supposed to be off the top of my head, so can't see how its supposed to be game winning.
-Arcane Nexus isn't a game ending global, its a global which, if cast, just lets you know the game was already over and you should surrender. (Anyone who can cast it and keep it has already won). One could probably say the same about Utterdark.
-Burden of Time is not an 'i win' button. Might as well ban spells like Mind Hunt and Seeking Arrow too, or Wild Hunt...

(2) There should be *some* gem generator in Conjuration, possibly maelstrom since you've moved the conj generator to evocation. (Maelstrom might actually get cast sometime if it were in conjuration too).

(3) You can't just ban gem generators without changing some nations. Not that its allowed in this game, but Oceania (esp MA) is crippled by a lack of clamming. Abyssia desperately needs bloodstones. Etc... Just removing them isn't the answer - those nations which depend on them need compensation.