View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2009, 02:47 PM

BANNED USER

Calahan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Legends of Faerun - Closed (Game started)

@ Jazzepi

My comments about the wars against the AI were aimed at the entire game, and not at any individual(s). I apologise if you thought my comments were aimed at you, but I'm not sure what I can do if our past disagreements and whatever grudges you hold against me, results in you interpreting my comments as being directed at you.

Several nations made huge gains when their neighbours went AI, and it's impossible to deny that it seriously affected the course of this game in a very negative way. I know nobody asked to have AI neighbours, nor am I suggesting that anyone did anything wrong in having AI neighbours. But none of this has any relevance to the fact that too many nations gained powerful positions in this game due to staling or AI neighbours. And this directly affected the credibility of the game, and played a significant part in the decision to end the game without a winner. (and just one of several reasons why I whine whenever I see the AI appearing in games)

And I also intend to continue to whine and moan about players turning AI or dropping out of games until I see an improvement. As I am very tired of my games being disrupted or ruined by it happening, and my time wasted as a result. Such as the fine example on offer here. If anyone claims that nations turning AI is either a good thing, or something that doesn't have a huge effect on the outcome of games, then they are pretty much delusional as far as I'm concerned.