View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2009, 04:57 AM

General

lch is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Aksum: Glory of Kings (Complete Unit Graphics!)

I don't think that HoneyBadger was too harsh or that his thoughts are unreasonable if he truly believes in them, but he'll have to put up with mild criticism when always holding the carrot stick in front of the donkey but never putting out, so to speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBadger View Post
This is what I was referring to, Ich:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lch View Post
Wonderful mod nation, plays like a breeze. I can't wait for the updated version where the Mandus wield laser pistols.
Doesn't add a whole lot to the coversation, does it?
Well, I admit, one can see this as my attempt at humor and satire. The joke would be that there wasn't a playable version of the mod nation around and I was letting my imagination run wild as to what would happen in case one would emerge. That joke shouldn't be too harsh, though. HB was encouraging others to hijack his threads with ideas before, too.

While we're on topic, I hope these quotes from the previous page and from 12 months ago aren't inept:
Quote:
I've started and made a little progress with the .DM file, but I can't promise that it's going to be done even as a rough draft, this weekend, since I seem to be coming down with a bug.
Quote:
Thanks to Sombre's advice, the main unit picture is now at full resolution. I'm still working on the .DM file, but I'm making progress, and now everyone can see what the units themselves look like, without fooling around with thumbnails.
If you have some kind of .dm file, even just a rough draft, I'd encourage you to release it and declare it as an early alpha version, saying that everything will change later on. So far I've only seen the alternative far too often, starting and announcing yet another new mod nation instead.

Really, I do like your artwork, I rated Ammon Kush with 5 stars when I saw the unit graphics. I'm just unhappy that I still can't play them.
Emergency comic relief