View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2009, 06:17 AM

General

HoneyBadger is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Aksum: Glory of Kings (Complete Unit Graphics!)

I'll be perfectly honest here.

I'm not out to alienate anyone. I like to think that I'm a friendly person.

I'm also not running for office, though, either. I don't have to share space in the same workplace, family, house, bed, or grave (probably), as a single one of you.

With respect, politeness, and courtesy, I'm making these mods for one person only, and that person is myself.

If I can make these mods better for everyone, without making them worse for me, I'm all for that, but the goal here is to make them how I think they should be, to the best of my ability. I like to think that attitude makes for a better mod in the end, and I like to believe that what I'm doing is (insofar as this is a game) of a certain (however dubious) importance, atleast insofar as the furtherance of my own education is concerned. Whether that attitude is justifiable or not, however, I'm clearly serving myself here, all lofty purposes/affectations/delusions aside.

I would like very much--and I hope very much--that others will appreciate and take an active interest in what I'm doing.

If anyone does, I welcome you, your presence, your ideas, your input, whatever you have to offer, so long as it impacts my mods/myself, in a positive way.

If they don't though, or if I somehow offend anyone, it won't change my plans, my mods, or my personality. I like who I am and I like what I'm doing. That's enough for me.

I can do it and go it alone if I must.

I'd like it if we can all get along with one another in a positive way. I'd like these boards to be a friendly, welcoming environment. And as long as the end result is one that I'm fully satisfied with, I'd welcome all manner of outside influence into my mods.

If any of that is somehow impossible, though--and I understand that I share in the responsibility--once again I won't change my plans, my mods, or my personality.