View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2009, 06:43 PM

Sergeant

LumenPlacidum is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Possible mod nation? - Kingdom of Angmar

I'm finishing up a first draft of the actual mechanics for all the units and such. I'll sketch up some basic graphics and post it up in a day or two.

For this first draft, I'll really be testing to see if the highly-expensive and non-massable but effective cap-only troops make the whole nation's military as powerful as others. If I give Angmar a very strong early game, leading into only a mediocre mid-game due to the unmassable elite troops and the massable troops that die by the hundreds, then that part will essentially be successful. I suspect that as it is, the nation is *very* front-heavy. The extra SC/thug at the beginning plus the ability to recruit a few crazy orcs from the capitol early on makes their start a real juggernaut. Their best access on mages is pretty weak (D1F1 +110% BDFW and D1W1 +100% DEFW), except for the Witch King himself, who is D4S3, fully capable of getting the high death stuff.

After I get the crappy sprites in there and post it for a first review, I'll start to consider things like national spells.

That reminds me, how many hero slots are there for a nation? At least 8?