View Single Post
Old March 11th, 2010, 02:11 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Question before buying!

Its always a surprise to the multiplayers here how many folks play Dom3 solo. Most of the people in this forum are MP players. Ive been playing Dominions thru 1, 2, and now 3. And I still love solo games. Thats my true answer. Dont let the jaded turn you away.

Of course no AI is good AI for most people. But this is one better than most games which tend to be barely capable of keeping you interested thru the tutorial. And learning the game well can take almost a year if you want. Of course the forums here will be glad to tell you how to make the AI worthless if you want to know in a hurry.

Then there are maps, mods, various ways to extend the AI. Ive spent this much on many games that lasted a month on my machine. I can safely say that this game outdoes that.

I suppose I should turn the demo games back on at the Dom3Minions.com server. Thanks for the suggestion Ink.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)