View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2010, 12:44 PM

BANNED USER

Calahan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: YARG2 , 24 players EA RAND game [full, nations assigned, test your builds!]

Attached is the final version of the map. I sadly didn't find the time in the end to do the visual alterations I would have liked to do if I had unlimited time (adding a new forest for every forest start mainly).

I did manage to balance a few of the starts out a bit though by adding and/or removing a few 'large' or 'small' province tags. In particular there were 3-4 starts that were adjacent to a large farmland province, which usually meant on average a +20k population province next to home. Thought that was a bit much, so I removed all the large province tags for these farmlands, which seems to have reduced them to a more acceptable average population of around 13k. (all the farmlands not adjacent to a capital are as they were)

Also added a few 'large province' tags to the start locations that seemed to be struggling for gold a bit. Mainly some of the mountain starts with mostly mountains as adjoining provinces.

Finally, I added the 'fresh water' tag to the provinces that border the two new rivers I put in. This is so the map is consistent with all the other provinces that are tagged as 'fresh water' (ie. All the provinces that border a river).

Think that is all from me on the map front folks. There is no way the starts are completely balanced, as some are certainly better than others. But like I said previously on this, that's generally just part of the game. Hope I've gone some way to having the starts in vaguely the same street as each other though. Even if some of the starts are at the posh end of the street and some are in the slums

Attached are two files. The smaller download is the final version of the .map file, which you will all need to download. The larger download is the .map and .tga file combined (which I hope WraithL will also attach or link to the OP for convenience).

***NOTE - If you downloaded the previous .tga file I posted two days ago, you only need to download the .map file attached to this post, as the .tga file is exactly the same as the previous one.***

@ WraithL - I've uploaded the map to the llamaserver (I think. I hope), so you can create the game now for Pretender uploads. The map should now be selectable from the "User-added maps" section, which starts about half way down the list of maps when the llamaserver asks you to select a map. This map is listed as "Alexander No Sites - For the YARG 2 game". (Edit: Having just checked, the map is currently at the very bottom of the list).

Also, can you attach the complete map file (ie. larger file) I've attached to this post to your original post for easy access and retrieval. As it'll save players having to trawl through the thread to find the map later on if they have to do reinstalls etc. Or just provide a direct link from the OP to this post (since uploading large files can take bloody ages )
Attached Files
File Type: zip Alexander_No_Sites_for_YARG2_v1.zip (4.9 KB, 140 views)
File Type: zip Alexander Map for YARG2.zip (21.16 MB, 195 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calahan For This Useful Post: