View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2010, 12:00 AM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: USSR vs Finland II

Turn 18

Scored well against the enemy armor. First, one of my armored cars destroyed the tank forward of the southern peak of Hill 1. Next, I peppered a T-28E and T-26 M37 on the northern peak. My other armored car took a shot at the T-28E and had a round bounce off the front. The occurred what I can only call a fortuitous accident. I had decided to move the AC into the hex with the other one, putting it out of sight of the T-28E. For some reason, it moved one hex forward. It took a light penetrating hit from the T-28E and the T-26 missed. It fired at the T-28E and scored a major penetration. A second shot scored a kill. Both armored cars withdrew from back from the peak about 100m. One of my tanks came up onto the peak from the northwest and put a killing round into the T-26. Since there was enemy infantry on the northern peak, I pulled my tanks back to a position in front of my infantry. The tank engaging the light tanks to the north of the hill destroyed one. Friendly mortar rounds started dropping on the west side of Hill 1. Three enemy tanks are still on the hill, supported by infantry.

Action is picking up quickly in front of Hill 2. The majority of one enemy infantry company can be seen. Enemy artillery is still hitting the hill and have forced back two of my HMG units. I'm moving one light tank up from the south to take a position of one of those units until I can get it back online. The enemy is taking a few casualties in this area. So far, my damage has only come from a sniper, who has been quiet lately.

Casualties

Friendly: Zero.

Enemy: 2xT-28E tanks, 1xT-26 M37 tank and 1xT37a tank destroyed, estimated 10 casualties.