View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2010, 01:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

B0rsuk is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: Master of Magic unofficial patch v1.40f

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daynarr View Post
I'd really like if someone would make a remake of MoM. You know, the kind so many other old games have. Open source project that keeps same gameplay, improves graphics a bit and adds some modability to the game.Eventually expanding and adding new features, etc.
I would totally contribute to that as well as playtest it (check my new signature !). The problem with many open-source game projects is they're like Wesnoth or Freeciv - they believe things like "Keep It Simple, Stupid". As a result they don't do anything new, only safe, proven ideas. Plain chicken with rice excites no one. I would love to have a MOM-like project which is more like Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup.

Foodstamp:

I don't think there have been many open-source Master of Magic projects. Of course closed-source, hobby Master Of Magic projects die. They try in vain to reinvent the wheel. They don't share their work. So if one person loses motivation others can't benefit from earlier achievements.