View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2010, 06:05 AM

First Lieutenant

WingedDog is on a distinguished road

I should say I don't play games with binding NAPs, so my vision of PD significance might differ from point of view of people who play such games.

Usually, when I plan to attack another nation I expect to take a decent number of provinces in a surprise attack during first turn of war, when opponent isn’t ready. I consider information about enemy PD to be one of the most important ones while planning.

Let’s suppose I have 4 poorly equipped flying thugs and 2 well equipped ones. And let’s suppose enemy has PD of one or such in all his provinces. Small squads of mine take 3 bordering provinces, 6 flying thugs take provinces within flight reach, and 5 provinces beyond their reach I take with ‘Arouse hunger’. Result: If nothing extraordinary happens enemy loses to me 14 provinces in single turn.

Now let’s suppose enemy has 20 PD in all his provinces. I need far larger squads in order to take border provinces, poorly equipped thugs have small chances against PD 20, and ghouls from arouse hunger have none. Result: I can confidently take only 2 provinces with 2 well equipped thugs, so I’d rather find another target.

Last edited by WingedDog; September 22nd, 2010 at 06:34 AM..