View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2010, 06:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

Stavis_L is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Remove Curses and Horror Marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zogundar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavis_L View Post
2) Mod the weapons/armor so that they are no longer objectionable (e.g. set all the stats on the "astral claw" such that it no longer does a horror marking attack.)
How do you go about doing this exactly? Do you have to stat out the whole item? Or can you just make one change and it will drop any "special" properties? If the former, do you need something in the place of the #secondaryeffect/#secondaryeffectalways? (How do you know which it is anyway, I don't believe the database specifies..)
The secondary effect/secondary effect always values are listed in Edi's database. Check columns Q/R and S/T respectively (one is the effect number, the other the effect name.)

Setting the value will remove any existing value (if any.)

That said, for your purposes I'd filter by column AT and directly change the weapons/effects that do "Attribute: Horror Mark" to something else.

...hrm...it looks like the Horror mark effect itself isn't directly removeable, as it's a special effect....so you're down to option 1 again (although you could combine approaches - there are two horror mark weapons, and one of them is only used as a secondary effect, so you could update the weapons using it instead of the units.)
Brainless Soulless - a fix for Life after Death/Ankh "exploit", Bogarus Scout Fix