Thread: Info Flag of Poland
View Single Post
Old December 15th, 2010, 04:33 PM

Captain

Cross is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Flag of Poland

I could be wrong, but I seem to recall that the Polish flag issue has been discussed before, and I think it got changed to the current flag as a result.

In SP the national or state flags are used, not army flags, with the exception of the USMC.

The question is which flag represents Poland’s exiled government and armed forces during WW2?

I think you are right that the Polish flag should not have the coat of arms prior to Nov 1939. But from what I’ve read, the government in exile used the coat of arms version, which also effectively distinguishes between Poland’s domestic army, and her exiled army.

You’ve even stated yourself that the coat of arms version was used abroad for diplomatic missions, embassies, foreign affairs etc. Well that is what the Polish army was from Nov 1939.

I agree that the red and white – without the coat of arms – continued to be the flag of Poland during WW2, but the SP flag from Nov 1939 doesn’t represent Poland, it represents the exiled government of Poland.

I hope this makes sense. I know flags can be a sensitive subject, as national identity is at stake.

As far as my mod is concerned I can only change existing flags; so I cannot add an additional flag for the period Jan 1930 to Oct 1939. You could ask the developers to do that, if you can’t talk them into changing the flag to the plain red and white.

What I can do is make you a version of my mod without the coat of arms, if you want?

Cross