Thread: Close Assaults
View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2011, 09:12 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Close Assaults

I am just going to put an assumption in here no idea how works in real life n no training but what I would do if platoon leader.
Vs slow or stationary vehicle move to engage directly
vs faster moving vehicle quite possibly heard or seen split up spread out to cover where you hope its going n let it come to you. If it doesnt tough luck but spliting up means your harder to spot & covered more ground.
Once close you dash for it humans can accelerate extremly fast from stationary for a short burst easily catch a tank doing 10 MPH Ive jumped on moving trains so running beside to lob something should not be impossible & dont forget for those few moments hes probably superman riding adrenaline acutely aware of everything & doing the whole thing in seeming slow motion he has a few moments when he can do things that are normaly impossible & I can assure you for those few moments combat gear will not stop him. He will be able to move faster fully laden than he can move normaly in real life because his bodies gone into overdrive to try & keep him alive.
If the vehicle passes close to any sort of cover it could soon be in all sorts of trouble & then there are the nutters/hero types to worry about.
how about that USA paratrooper on D-Day who admitedly had a bazooka he was on the flank put a baz round in the cottage command was using killed 2 tanks & immobilised a 3rd before being killed.
Thats one guy took out 3 tanks & local command effectivly stopping the attack dead.