National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,872 Times in 1,220 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Towing Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by gila View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
I'm sure I've seen some guns rated with two asterisks. This might have beenn MBT or WW2, I'm not sure which.
I know the asteriks concerning arty in WW2,mean they have a higher load-out(ammo)than the same guns in thier class.
Wrong.

Off-map batteries with a + sign added to their name by the OOB designer have additional ammo (and hence cost). Usually a 50% or a 100% hike in rounds. (With 100% I would usually prefer to buy a second battery for a few points more, since that is 2 channels of fire the enemy have to counter-battery, and you can always leave the second on counter-battery duties for later use in the assault). MBT naming conventions are different - it may be used for bomblets?. Been a while since I looked.

Guns are asterisked if they need a truck to tow, ie load cost is (100+crew). i.e. most if not all of of them, basically. 2 ** is applied to guns with a size > 2. So it just means that is a great big easy to spot target. Size 3+ guns may have needed a heavier truck to carry them in SP1, but I think that was all gone by SP2 times. The asterisk only appears appended to the gun name on the purchase screens as far as I recall - as a planning aid when buying your toys.

Andy
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post: