View Single Post
Old October 27th, 2011, 02:55 PM

Major General

Valerius is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Randomocalypse - 5 players, randomly generated nations - Nations being generated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lung Drago View Post
All of my choices are definitely difficult in some way. It either has crappy mages, or crappy priests, or giant infantry, or it's troops apparently don't know what is a sword. I shall have a challenge in this game, that's for sure But I suppose I cannot expect it to hand me a perfect, unconquerable nation on a plate
I don't think you would have wanted that perfect nation anyway: since diplomacy is allowed your perfect nation might have been facing a 3 or 4 vs 1. So it would have had to have been *really* good to face those odds.

Quote:
Teh random nation generator still has a lot of space to improve, since some combinations I have just witnessed are a waste of unit's abbilities or outright illogical for a serious game (having move 3 units is not so great when you have no move 3 commanders, isn't it? Or what real use is having a selection of 2 archer cavalry, when one is clearly superior to the other with only a slight difference in resources cost?). But then again if this worked flawlessly it would be The Single Marvel of Designing Let us make a good use of this situation and if you lose this game, remember it can be blamed on the generator!
I see what you're saying but some of this doesn't bother me, like having map move 3 units without map move 3 commanders. I kind of like that you've got these pieces and you have to figure out ways to get the best use out of them. For instance, I play MA Van a lot and there you have flying valkyries without any flying commanders. And your stealthy commanders don't have a foot slot so even with a forge bonus forging a magic carpet for each valk-leading commander isn't cheap. You've also got skinshifters with forest survival but none of your commanders have that ability so depending on the map I look for indie mages to help out in leading them over forest terrain.

Quote:
Also, I expect every nation will need to have different flag color. If a conflict with another player's national flag should arise with mine, I voluntarily hand over the green slimy flag in favor of a shiny yellow, for example
Yes, I figured I'd have to do some switching of colors. If anyone has a preferred color let me know and I'll use that. I don't remember if the flag colors always get used in the same order (in which case you will all have the same 5 colors in your nation choices) but there are a total of 14 different colors included in the mod. In any case, I'll definitely avoid you having to use green.