View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2012, 09:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

HoleyDooley is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MP etiquette-going AI

Quote:
i am doomed, as it would seem these players basically started the game in an alliance with a plan to eliminate whoever was between them.
Be very careful when making statements like this, as many if not all MP games frown on such behaviour ie. making alliances b4 a game commences. As one of the parties involved in this supposed alliance against you, I certainly take offence to such a charge.

Now I have seen you post on the forums and you have appeared to be a decent chap.

There was no such alliance made against you and I was approached by Ulm to attack you in conjunction with him the same turn I killed your pretender. That was like turn 10 to 14 from memory.
A far cry from "the beginning of the game".

If you REALLY want to learn from that game, think about your approach to me over the disputed province, you claimed as having arrived there first. We both arrived there the same turn, you just got to fight the indies b4 we fought. None the less it was the same turn.

You say you have approached both opponents for a truce. You certainly approached me, but you still claimed that province I "stole" from you. That province has exactly 1 other province between it and my capital. Do you really think I will just hand it over to you because you said you "arrived" there first?

There are a number of reasons you are in your current predicament.

I'll just comment on one. You diplomacy failed badly. If you continue to approach diplomacy in every game the same way you approached this game, you will be turning AI quite often.

I am still learning this game, it has a huge learning curve which I am still on way down the bottom. But diplomacy I learned from playing other multi player games.

That's the way I see it, just some friendly advice and look forward to meeting you in a future game, honestly.