View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2012, 03:04 PM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Father of Winters

It's also hard to name specific counters without knowing the gear of the FoW. That said I'm only going to be commenting on already discussed options anyway.

Vine Bow - Easy to test if it works regardless of shield check or not. I don't use these often because I don't generally like them very much, but vine arrows entangle regardless of whether they hit or not. Vine bows should be the same as the spell, in theory, but it is vaguely possible that they don't.

Vine Shields - IIRC these rely on an MR test to see if you get entangled. If they don't, it's a strength test (but I'm very certain it's not). Again very easy to test (just get someone with a vine shield and have an elephant attempt to attack them). In either case though, a FoW is not an ideal target.

Defense has 0 effect on missiles. Only shield parry values or air shield can block missiles, and then it's up to protection to absorb them if that fails.
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP