View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2012, 03:31 PM

BANNED USER

Calahan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: YARG3, non newb MA+ENP2 RAND game. Executor's Ulm winner on turn 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor View Post
I also would blessing of steel too powerful. A handful of flail infantry had no problem dealing with indea 9 from the start under blessings of steel. Having a 24 protection troop is too much from start I think.

Calahan, I noticed instantly that a new player had taken over Svarogia. You even got me scared there for a moment but then I realized there wasn't anything really dangerous in your possession.
As to how Svarogia fell and how I obtained the 3 or rather 4 last VPs;
Shiny cap was the first to go. It was rather easy to take as Shiny had most of his troops in the adjacent fort.

The second fort, Eriu, fell to about 500 teleported troops (gate stone and astral travel) and a few mages and a SC. There was nothing in the fort to protect it and no troops near so it was easy taking.
The other Svarogia fort was Man, which fell to troops, commanders, mages, thugs and SCs. Not too large an army though and it was a tough battle too. Could have lost that one.
The third fort for the win was Al Nadin (C'tis). There was no chance in hell any army could have protected that fort. I had just too many stuff in that army.
Yeah, the Blessing of Iron spell is another misjudged addition IMO. Any new spell that adds battlefield wide buffs has to be added with /extreme/ caution due to the huge force multiplying effect it can instantly have. But to add such spells from turn 1 is just a balance breakingly bad idea IMO. At least make these spell require some fecking reaserch if they are staying (and I hope they're not personally, as adding national battlefield wide buff spells is not a good way to go for any nation), and cost some gems to cast (such as Kailasa's national Quickness spell).

I was wondering why Shiny had that mass stock of troops (vamps mainly) next to their cap? Was there any purpose for that you know?

So did Svar send nothing to defend those VP forts? Did you see no sign of the Master Enslavers? No sign of the Grend Prophet via the Boots of Planes I pinched? No mass arrivals of any A2 cap mages? Nothing at all showed up? No Demon armies? No nothing? How sad