View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2012, 02:21 PM

Captain

CUnknown is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ulmish Drain magic spell

I was a huge MA Ulm fan back several years ago, and I thought they were fine (maybe slightly weak, but fine) when everyone else said they were way too weak. Then came the official changes (adding Iron Faith / Iron Angels and halt heretic ability) and Ulm was perfectly balanced imo.

Then I stopped playing for years.

When I came back I didn't even know about the string of victories for MA Ulm, but as soon as I saw the changes made in CMB 1.92 I couldn't believe how powerful they made Ulm. Even just the extra earth randoms on their smiths and I'm in Ulm heaven. Then I saw they changed the encumbrance on black plates, increased their morale, and I'm like -- woah. Then I see all these awesome special spells for them and it's like -- wtf??

That being said, I agree with Forge of the Ancients being available for them early if several other nations get forge bonuses now and hammers don't exist anymore.

But 1.92 MA Ulm was boosted above most other factions, imo. I'd say they have broken into top tier now. I think the string of victories confirms this. Not that they necessarily -need- to be nerfed (someone's got to be at the top), but they don't necessarily need all the goodies that 1.92 gives them either to be just fine.