View Single Post
Old August 25th, 2012, 02:02 PM

Captain

Cross is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Question to the community regarding the sportsmanship and z-fire

I don't think it's cheating, unless you made an agreement with a human opponent to limit Z-fire in some way.

But I agree that z-fire can easily be used excessively by human opponents and can spoil the game.

I don't think artillery is an effective deterrent to z-fire. My first priority is to hammer units that are pressing my line or to support an attack, which are both time critical. Then there's counter-battery.
If I'm lucky enough to have any spare artillery plots, it doesn't seem very efficient to plot on scattered locations where I think there might still be MG units.

My solution would be to limit ammo. I think most foot units (particularly in SPWW2) have far too much ammo, especially MMGs and HMGs, and this is even more true for MGs with a 1200 RPM RoF, which are given double damage because of their RoF, and they are therefore given twice the ammo allotment of a 600 RPM MG unit!

If people want to fire off loads of z-fire, make them have to buy extra ammo cannisters/ammo trucks. Which will also make MGs a more worthwhile artillery target, because you may actually hit their ammo supply.

Cross
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cross For This Useful Post: