View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2013, 09:45 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,872 Times in 1,220 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Winspww2 does run well anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombieritual View Post
I just got this laptop yesterday, so it didn't work from the start I have not installed the game under program files. Yes I've tried the scroll speed both pushing it up to max and lowest. The problem is that both when the vehicles move and when scrolling over the map, the game hickup for a millisecond. The game works fine otherwise.
Well - those few folk who have tried under windows 8 seem to be saying that it is a better experience then the previous Vista/Windows 7. (Though Windows 8 is something I'll be avoiding completely and waiting to see what 9 is like. I have played with it in the shops and detest the front end Fisher-Price "metro" blocks utterly and completely. If I wanted a mobile phone, I would have bought one, not a PC!).

Have you tried in windowed mode rather than full-screen? - Just set the size to "desktop", if you have the full game. Also - try switching to GDI mode rather than directX.

If you only have the free version and are restricted to 800 mode then if your laptop's native resolution is greater than that then it could be better to physically set the screen to 800x600 mode (if it allows it) before firing up the game.

Also - look through your Windows 8 help for compatibility modes, and ensure that it is not thinking that the game is a "metro" Fisher-Price type application but is a proper desktop PC mode application (apparently 8 is a bit Jeckell and Hyde that way as well) etc.

Andy

NB - unit movement is controlled by the movement delay option on the MISC tab, so that also may be worth playing with. Start with try halving it perhaps.

Also - turn all sounds off, just in case its the sound driver causing hiccups (turn all sounds off in the games preferences screen and also the mouse click to off in the GameOptions launcher MISC tab).
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post: