Old September 29th, 2013, 08:30 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,493 Times in 2,713 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: German 15cm sIG and the various units using it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDuke66 View Post
Oh OK that makes sense.

Of course the work load seems massive but if some volunteers would wright the stuff down and formate it too, the official team just has to copy & paste it into the OOB(or is the encyclopedia an extra file?).
And its not like you get all descriptions in the next few weeks or even months, that stuff will come in over many many years.

And every piece would need to be checked not only for accuracy but for format as well which is why I don't actively encourage the activity and IF...as has occurred more than a few times in the past....a unit with a text file ends up being deleted we have a text file in the files that shows up ( surprise, surprise...) when a new unit is added in that slot because NOBODY is going to double check that a unit has a text file associated with it.... people find then months later when they check the encyclopedia and find text that has nothing to do with the unit.

I treat text files now as something that is added when circumstances warrant and that is rare and that's the way I want to keep it

OK ?

Don