View Single Post
Old December 22nd, 2013, 09:03 PM

First Lieutenant

zovs66 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A couple of noob questions:

Quote:
How can I make my units spot enemies better?
Purchase scouts, snipers or recon units, and infantry always spot better then tanks.

Quote:
Truck-loaded infantry and equipment is always risky and it's to be expected that sometimes lucky artillery strikes will completely wipe out whatever you've loaded on to a truck. How can I protect against this?
Don't deploy them so close to "choke" points, the AI will target these areas and blast you, you have to out think the AI, usually the turns are long so you can deploy them back a bit further and since they are in a truck they can move up faster.

Quote:
No matter where I place my own on-map artillery, by the 10th turn enemy guns are raining down on them. Conversely, I rarely see more than the odd mortar or howitzer in the enemy rear. How can I find more of them (apart from using scout planes) and how can I stop the enemy spotting my own artillery?
You should be able to spot where his on board artillery is coming from, then target it like a mofo. Use FOO to plot your artillery, and don't, I repeat don't fire you on board artillery early. Detect his and knock it out first. I usually always buy a module of off board artillery (75 or 105) and use this to smash up his before I fire any onboard artillery of mine.

For your last question I would say don't, do a 90x90 map sized area with 2,000 to 3,000 points to learn how to play first.

Just my thoughts and opinions. I have been playing Steel Panthers now for ah about 20 years I guess, switched to SPWW2 (the first dos version 2.0 and up to 5.0 or 7.0) and then switched to SP Camo WW2.

Good luck, and good hunting.