Old April 14th, 2014, 06:29 AM

Corporal

PvtJoker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: German 15cm sIG and the various units using it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibwl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PvtJoker View Post
I though I could answer that: there is plenty of room for explanations in the encyclopedia. I have written pretty long stuff there and have yet to encounter the line limit. The weirdo formatting code requires that line length of the description file has to be limited to 53 characters + a special line break character which seems to * (i.e. asterisk). Here is an example from me (a desciption for the Italian M-15/42 tank):
If you have more of them, maybe you'd like to share them in Mods section?... If we have now an established v.7, I could write something in the future as well, when I finish with pictures...
I am going to make a modified Italian OOB for the v.7. I had one 95% ready for v.6, but never got to posting it since v.7 was so close. It will have many tweaks and some deletions in it, as well as additions. The Italians had LOTS of war booty equipment from Austria (post-WW1) and from France (war "reparations" from Vichy France), which was not used in North Africa or Russia, probably due to logistical concerns. Some like the ex-Austrian 77mm guns and French 105mm mle.1919 mountain guns were actually used (in North Africa and the Balkans, respectively).

I didn't post them for inclusion in the official Italian OOB, because Don already had his hands full with other stuff. I will try to include description texts for the more interesting stuff like AFVs and ex-Austrian siege artillery pieces.