View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2015, 12:57 PM

First Lieutenant

Ts4EVER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (WIP) Campaign: Lvov to Berlin

Yes, I made the campaign with less experienced players in mind. The first three battles are meant as a "tutorial" (not so much for the game mechanics but for your force).
In the first scenario I wanted to "force" players to mount their infantry on tanks, since the objective is pretty far away and you get no other transport. I think this is a quintessentially "Russian" thing to do and I wanted to structure the force around it.
In the second battle, with the dust clouds, I wanted to get the player to practice ambushing enemy tanks and anticipating where they would go. This will become more important later when you are facing kingtigers and other heavy stuff that is superior to your own tanks.
In the third battle I wanted to reinforce that your tanks need to be protected from infantry in close quarters. Especially the later levels have lots of Panzerfausts.
The fourth battle is optional, you only get it if you win the previous battle. The fifth one is what is called a "graduation" type level in game design in that you have to win it to advance and it "tests" all the stuff from the earlier scenarios (except the tank vs tank stuff, that becomes important later).
The Following User Says Thank You to Ts4EVER For This Useful Post: