View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2016, 11:27 AM

Corporal

zastava128 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: spob20 Yugoslavia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibwl View Post
21 65mm Mtn Gun - picture is Russian 76mm M.13 (from Finnish OOB). Maybe it should be French 65mm mle 06 (picture 468)? Same for unit 320.
Agree, I think this is a better choice.

Quote:
22 M7 105mm HMC - I don't insist to change the name, but out of interest, they were known as Serman (Sherman) self-propelled gun in Yugoslavian Army. Maybe M7 Sherman?..

23 M8 HMC - as above, they were known as Stuart self-propelled gun.
I don't think these were the official designations during WW2. Terminology wasn't consistent in any case. I'd probably leave them as-is.

Quote:
63 Yak-9 - I don't know which version it is supposed to be, but an armament should be only 1 x 20mm gun (not 23mm) and 1 x 12.7 if it was most numerous Soviet Yak-9M, or 1 x 20mm and 2 x 12.7, if it's late-war high performance Yak-9U (less likely).
The only thing I was able to find regarding this is a recollection by a Yugoslav pilot. He actually mentions his commander's Yak-9 had a 23mm gun, but of course he could be mistaken since he's talking about something that happened 30 years ago.

Yugoslavia did have both Yak-9M and Yak-9U, but I have no idea whether the latter were acquired during WW2 or after it.

Quote:
72 T-34/76 - in fact, T-34/76 were several captured ex-German machines (the soviet Union equipped Yugoslavian 2nd Tank Brigade with new T-34/85), so maybe class 159 Captured tank is better, so they won't be mixed.
True, though the 76s (there were 5 of them) were added to the same unit as the 85s. Still, I think your solution is probably better.

Quote:
303 PzKw I B - photo is actually Pz IA (http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtop...97186&start=15), as well as other photos of Croatian Pz I on this forum, so maybe unit's should be changed
I think they actually had both A and B versions. Problem is, sources sometimes confuse German and Croatian-operated tanks.