View Single Post
Old February 14th, 2016, 06:17 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,493 Times in 2,713 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Addressed to Nobody in Particular but

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibwl View Post
I am probably Don's worst pain here but as for me, I'm trying to avoid unofficial modifications, one-offs, casual pick-ups and paper projects.

When it gets to the point I'm sick of looking at the game I've dedicated 18+ years to because of unending rivet counting BS that's when all these "suggestions" to "improve" the game to make it "more historically accurate" become counter productive

When I can't find the time to investigate changes to make the game better for all players because more and more of my ( increasingly limited ) time available is taken up making essentially trivial OOB changes to satisfy a tiny minority then those requests become counter productive as that just hastens the day when the "unofficial modifications, one-offs, casual pick-ups and paper projects" start.

I've been doing my best to accommodate these requests because I naively thought that eventually there would be an end but they go on and on and on but now I'm seeing items like photos show a soldier with a bren but there is no bren in the unit and my patience for things like this is nearing an end ( actually that ship sailed a year or two ago ) as it seems there is no end.....just increasingly trivial "suggestions"

I have 129 OOB's to maintain and improve that cover a timespan of 95 years and MBT is more demanding as weapons and units go in an out of service but I've dealt with what would print out to 53 pages of SPWW2 changes most of which are irrelevant to the majority of players and 53 pages is an "easy" year but it starting to feel like 53 more nails in the coffin and I would LOVE to hear if there is ANYONE playing this game ( Besides Michael ..I can't see how he finds any time to actually "play the game".. ) that think the game is in any way improved by adding " 6 Carden-Loyd Mk.VI tankettes to Belgium" when there are ALREADY T.13 TD's in the OOB in 1934 and I would also be interesting in anyone who has actually used them in a game because we all know players just have to play as Belgium in the late 1930's.

WORST MISTAKE we ever made was starting the OOB's in 1930 and that only came about because someone wanted to get the Spainish Civil war into the game and.....why not start in 1930 ? I seriously doubt anymore than a tiny handful of players have ever bother playing a game before 1940 simply because there aren't any interesting tanks before then

So the bottom line here is constant nitpicking is counter productive and some people just can't take a hint

Don
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post: