View Single Post
Old April 23rd, 2017, 04:44 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,239 Times in 927 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: APC Development and related topics.

The USMC would be proud you've managed to get one below their "notional" goal of 18 in an AAV. I know I left the definition of the above word but, in this case it was the desired goal of the CORPS if you took the time to read from that ref. A job well done!! Even I can live with it, not that I'd have much choice in the matter, however, it's still worth mentioning for the effort alone to get there.

I was wondering however, what caused all the flurry of activity surrounding the AAV-SU. I gave it a quick thought and "low and behold" there it was in the OOB and the good news is that you can use it now instead of six years from now!!!! Now I've always been held to the six month standard (Our agreement for SWAG.) of a projected fielding date with Don, maybe I misunderstood the agreement all these years and it really was six years all this time!?! Oh Happy Day!!!! Stand by to receive incoming traffic!!!! First a little Icon party: , , , , and !!

As a note, I have found other USMC data that's holding to late 2022/or 2023 for fielding the AAV-SU. Can post if desired.

Seriously to you both, well executed and a good job!!!!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..