View Single Post
Old June 18th, 2019, 12:14 PM

Corporal

Anton is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Click-based enemy spotting

anlubue, although your post is off-topic in this thread, I am only glad to answer it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by anlubue View Post
Why don't you guys do something in common? An upright man from Lille, with a sense of justice. An honest man with a passion for perfection. You two could be a great team! Maybe we can all do something for our favorite game?
I am trying to create a clear and concise reference of WinSPWW2 mechanics. I am currenly stuck with visibility calcuation, because the manual describes only the simplest case of an horisontal LOS, but I have not given up and plan to acquire an understanding through many experiments.
Quote:
(But without Don and Andy. Not because we do not want the two with us, but because they are exhausted. And without the usual:"I believe that, since february 41, the german 47/11 tank had a second MG under his luggage compartment cover. The responsible people should change that instantly, now that I have proven the facts.")
I couldn't agree more. My criticism need not be taken as requiring immediate action. A simple acknowledgement and logging of a bug, a drawback, a possible imrovement, a proposal to consider when time permits would suffice. I can wait a year, three years, even five years. I could even help with the programming or at least inspecting and documenting the code, but I know this is problematic for many reasons.
Quote:
Someone who owns a homepage can show some pictures there and put a link. Maybe another one has something that helps new players?
I can host a simple HTML page, yes. If you have a how-to or tutorial in clean and plain HTML, I will publish it. Let me know and we can discuss it with everybody in the Mods section.
Quote:
There are no illustrated tips and tricks PDF's for these games. How should my troops ideally storm this hill, although I only have mortar support? Or maybe a short video where one can experience how to place the air defense most skillfully.
Althogh it is a step beyond the basic game mechanics, it would also be a useful addtition to the SP universe that might attract more new players.
The Following User Says Thank You to Anton For This Useful Post: