Thread: AAR Not so welcome
View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2020, 05:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

Aeraaa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Not so welcome

Turns 1-5

What happens when you forget to give orders to all of your units? Disaster, that's what happens! I cycled through all of my units, got a basic plan to work with and I forgot that my forces in Glinstent have visual on enemy infantry. The result? Immediate firefights and enemy infantry targeting my Warriors and Ajax IFVs with portable ATs. I quickly lose 5 vehicles from close range AT fire and I cause way less damage in return. The moment my turn comes, all surviving vehicles pop smoke and target enemy identified infantry thanks to their TI sights. In addition, since Warriors prove to be highly vulnerable, I assign one Challenger platoon to assist the infantry in the town in clearing it from enemy infantry.

The Russian artillery makes its appearance (3). 240mm mortar fire and 152mm DPICM fire cause havoc among the attacking British company. More Warrior vehicles are destroyed, as well as two rifle squads. British reply with mortar fire that suppresses the German infantry and the Russian Spetsnaz and the infantry, together with the Challenger platoon make short work of the majority of them.

Meanwhile, Soviet armor appears in the centre. Scout vehicles, plus Armata tanks, T-15 IFVs and BMP-2s. Javelin ATs open fire and destroy two BRDMs. The Soviet forces advance quickly across the open ground. British Javelin teams, Challenger tanks and 40mm cannon fire cause significant losses among the vehicles. Russians reply and a couple of Javelin teams, as well as one Jackal light vehicle are neutralized. The British defenders that open fire are shown as (1), the Russian forces as (2)

First 5 turns are packed with action. Russian force looks very menacing, and I’ll probably start hit and run tactics with my armor very soon. Even the supposedly inferior force in Glinstent is very dangerous, as they act as spotters for artillery. I haven’t commited my air force yet, though I saw around 4 Tunguskas and maybe I’ll make some air strikes once I suppress them with artillery or SEAD aircraft. Russian armor is very tough, with even the T-15 IFV variant frequently surviving tank shots from more than 3kms. Thus, I’m very happy that I knocked out 5 of them, plus a T-14 MBT and several BMP-2s and BRDMs. The price was high for my IFVs assaulting the town though, and so far I lost around 3500 points. I have to really slow down my rate of losses if I’m to win this one.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aeraaa For This Useful Post: