View Single Post
Old July 6th, 2020, 06:37 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: German Campaign using War Cab

British again - Map & Vhexes as came however visibility came out as 1 so I rolled 2 die, result 3-2 so set to 28 hexes.
Support units
3 SdKfz 222 armoured cars
3 Opel trucks for transport
1 10.5cm battery it has smoke unlike my 17cm

Forgot to mention Co A+B's HMG are doubles - Pz Gren's MMG are singles as expect to use at closer range so size zero preferable.
Also small crew size makes it easier to scoop them up for a breakthrough into the rear.
3 of my arty units now have a call time of 1.2 not 2.2 so have some fast plots.

22 Turns till they start getting points for controlled VHexes

PLAN
Thought about the obvious North Road but looking at the map decided to take a leaf out of the AIs book & use the South Flank.
So long as it has no one deployed in bottom 2 hex rows initial approach should be unobserved.

Trying a feint in the North the force here is only to locate units unless the fighting is light.
SP mortars have smoke plotted - will move after fired. 222A/C will move in LOS in the hopes the AI directs arty this way as everyone else is trying to stay concealed.

Risking a fairly fast push down centre road to see if anyone is in the trees just before Hill 1 so I know if we are spotted. Opels are ferrying here.

So main attack is on the hills with flanking force hoping to engage from side & rear. Rest may attack hill one frontally or from the South depending on what unfolds.

Pictures shortly to clarify once we do a few turns