View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2021, 08:39 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,510 Times in 2,719 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: The FASTBOAT Patch page.

I will be starting the final assembly of the upgrades by the end of the week then the final testing starts and to be quite frank I have little interest in last minute rushed changes to the OOB's. That's what turns into an "oops" a month later so if you have something on Italian units 24 and 25 make it quick and above all make it clear and simple. I do not want to wade through multiple links to dig out info. All I got from those two links was there is no C2 but C2s are 24 and 26 so I don't see how that affects 24 and 25. What is seems is there are Ariete upgrades to the basic model

And on top of that we have "C3's in 620 and 621 and "C4s" in 625 and 626 with a 122 L55 gun upgrade no doubt because someone gave us " good intel" that they were going into service and we couldn't find any evidence at the time they weren't

The bottom line is you have three days tops to get me the info and yes, I understand what all is going on at your end. Forget about the Leo issues that is done and dusted for this year. After any adjustment to the Ariete I have to check if any were used in scenarios and all of that eats up hours. The good news for me there is there are few scenarios in MBT that involve Italy and it appears none of them use the Ariete.

One final note. I see that these were set up with + versions using added armour and "plain" versions without it. At the time that *May* have been perfectly accurate in the mind of the guy who originally built the OOB but this is a GAME and in a game nobody goes into "combat" with a tank without the add on armour so my first instinct is to rip out everything without the add on package AFTER the initial release model. Oto Melara developed two different sets with different thickness-levels that can be adjusted to the nature of the mission but ALL we are interested in is the max armour protection that can be applied and those packages were first used in 2003. Assume for certain the "C4" in slot 625 and 626 with the L55 are now gone and it seems clear there is no need for a "C?" designation..... there are just Arietes.

FURTHER EDIT

Pat..... I'm going to save you ( and me ) stress neither of us needs ATM.

I have reviewed what we have and info I have dug up on line and have condensed the Ariete line to four versions with progressive upgrades and next year when hopefully things are more or less normal you can tell me if its close enough or not. I do know that it's closer than we had. All models after 2000 have the added armour package which was designed around that time and in-service date is now a more correct 1995

On top of that I just discovered the "GALIX" is just another version of what we call VRRS and are only combat smoke and acoustic flash-bangs for crowd control. They are not an active "HE kill" weapon

Quote:
Lacroix , in collaboration with Nexter, developed Galix: a passive countermeasures system for land forces. The Galix System hides fighting vehicles from an approaching threat and protects the vehicles, main battle tanks and APCs.
https://www.defence24.com/galix-mult...land-platforms
https://www.lacroix-defense.com/prod...and&code=galix

.... so is superflous on any vehicle with VRRS and has now been removed and the damned thing is in five OOB's

( I had a MUCH different day planned...........)

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle..

Last edited by DRG; March 30th, 2021 at 11:40 AM..