View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2021, 01:21 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,239 Times in 927 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: The FASTBOAT Patch page.

Where to start...

1. Don my apologies, my first instinct was just not to post anything concerning the ARIETE, I REALLY didn't want you to touch it. I'll take responsibility for that. I had already stated I knew things were getting close, I just misjudged the timing. In the future, I think it best if I see an issue to proceed and do the the work in a "quiet" manner.

2. Suhiir, are you kidding me!?! When I read that post, I don't know but I'll be nice and just say "BOY WAS I UNHAPPY"!!! In all the years I've been submitting my submissions out here, if you or anyone else think for one second, that I don't fully take into account the amount of work required by Don, once he excepts (And if you took the time to bounce my submissions against the affected OOB's you might be surprised at what you find.) my info I FULLY UNDERSTAND Don will have to every aspect of said equipment, wherever it exists within the game. And because I'm not smart enough to realize this, I guess that would include a simple "Date Change" as well!?!

Should've read into Don's Post after my last, you might never have posted your last. Bad timing on your part!!

3. Don and Suhiir, LEOPARDS and BOXERS, as Don knows and I have a long record of doing so, concerning equipment where for instance there is conflicting data, I've reached out to MOD mostly and at rare times to other sources that have direct access and sources within X countries military, most recently and as posted Ralph Zwelling who certainly does have that access within the BUNDESWEHR. The rest you know about my refs though to tackle the afore mentioned, I've found no less then 4 new references all from Germany with no translation required (Don likes that sort of thing!).

So think of all the "FUN" Don and I had with ABRAMS (Last year or year before.) except and again as already posted I'm starting from the LEOPARD 2A4 and up. On cursory examination the earlier LEOPARDS I believe are fine.

I've come across Date/Armor/Survivability and FCS issues. The email exchanges are very telling in the direction I knew already I had go in, based on the questions I asked Ralph and from my German based sources.

Don got ahead of me on this based on my posts and has made some changes and added a couple of new tanks, it just made my job easier but as I know Don does with my submissions and as I started the work with additional notes, well we've always managed a compromise at minimum and I would expect no less later on.

Concerning BOXER's you can expect at least 6 new build versions. The others will see modifications some as noted above with addition of weapons as one doesn't exist within the BUNDESWEHR as currently armed which will be modified with the correct weapon.

Not as many tanks involved as there was with the ABRAMS where as Don is well aware, I went through +$%^&* tank in the OOB. Half at least were "game legacy" issues from the previous owners.

I want to make abundantly clear to everyone, every major "redo" isn't because I'm sitting here on my AXX, with nothing better to do. They've occurred mostly from reading my "papers" like what just happened with the ARIETE if you read that article as posted. Sometimes I'll hear from a player or see something posted.

I make no apologies for my methods my attention to detail is fine tuned from my military career. I can't let my guard down as a "civilian" due to the nature of my job. I WILL COME HOME AT THE END OF MY WORKDAY. Things have over the years already at our bases as matter of public record. And I don't subscribe to "It can never happen here" because NEVER can happen anytime on any given day.

I'm really a tired nice guy but, play is play and work is work.

And this is work, which for the most part I enjoy.

Priorities Family/Health/Retirement Goals/Work and the rest, as they say "I just let the chips fall where they may."

Now it's off to bed, company leaving in the morning, And back to work this afternoon.

Suhiir you're still my MARINE Buddy but REALLY!?!

Now I'm done!!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: