Thread: 2022 updates?
View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2022, 12:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

Aeraaa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2022 updates?

I strongly disagree on both reducing APS effectiveness, lowering Russian armor stats and XP/morale stats. These are decisions that should only come after we have a very clear picture of the conflict and so far, information is so scarce that this isn't the case.
I should remind something to most people that is often forgotten: stats in this game represent the average squad/crew quality and vehicle quality. No war is ever won or lost by these two things alone. So Russian capabilities are not reflected on their overall campaign progress, in which operational factors like logistics, reserves etc are more important (esp logistics, which are the main reason for all the traffic jams we see). Biggest failings are on certain Army generals and in some cases, even the general staff it self (I'd include Putin, but that goes into the realm of strategic level), not how hard the average grunt/tanker fights. There is the real danger of overestimating Ukrainian capabilities, or Western hardware effectiveness by looking at equipment losses.
So, while I do believe that Ukrainian ability was underestimated in the game (and which will be corrected in the next patch), I dont agree with any change in Russian stats/equipment. That would be waaay off.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aeraaa For This Useful Post: