View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2022, 09:17 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,240 Times in 928 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: With 2025 looming closer....

I'm sure those are the only games they're involved with on the developer side. These games are descendants to the original Steel Panthers (SP) from SSI in 1995. SSI would further develop SP II in 1996.
The final full game SSI produced was SP III in 1997. There was an SSI SP IV under development but I believe this ended with the demise of SSI. This I think was the base for our games or an adjunct to it from the previous versions. This would cause a split from what would become Camo Workshop and MATRIX games. Corrected only the words per my U.S. dictionary ...

The title caught my attention from a MATRIX forum on the "succession" of the games. I quote from "Alby" in Nov. 2006 ...

"Actually, SPWAW seems to run better on older systems.
SPWAW was derived from the SP3 source code
SPWW2 and SPMBT came from the SP2 source code.
SPWAW, WW2, and MBT are similar but do have many differences.
Once a long time ago in a galaxy far far away...there was a split and there were then 2 factions. The camo group with WW2 and MBT and Matrix with SPWAW.
...too long a story to go into but many hard feelings remain
, and many heated discussions have arisen and still do from time to time, over which games is/are better."

I owned the first two versions, and it should be obvious that I chose the path of righteousness you see you have to understand with our limited internet capability at the time, there was also a split in the gaming community we also took sides as we missed SSI and didn't like the direction MATRIX was going at the time with the games.

I would "stumble" upon our games and they intrigued me. They were more familiar me from my SSI games and thus made me more comfortable. And I blame Don, John, Suhiir (My Marine Buddy. And I miss her as my "foil" and more.) and Andy for what they did to me!?!

DOS nothing, if you have Windows or a couple of other OS's you'll be fine in the long run.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; July 11th, 2022 at 01:01 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: