View Single Post
Old July 6th, 2023, 07:47 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,514 Times in 2,722 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: AI doesn't buy/deploy mines and obstacles

This issue appears to be intermittent or caused by some unknown preference setting perhaps

Date in all cases is June 2024

I just let the AI set up two games Ukraine vs Russia with Russia defending and both times the Russian AI bought mines......but ONLY mines

Tried again with South Korea vs North Korea with the North defending and the AI bought an abundance of mines but no wire or DT's

The next test was something a little different. Albania vs Albania and in that one mines AND wire was bought

The next was the Swiss assaulting USMC. No mines etc were bought but as noted, sometimes that does happen

Then I tried China vs China and no mines etc were bought

I exited the game and tried again China vs China and this time mines and wire were bought

I tried the Swiss assaulting USMC again and USMC did not buy mines etc

USMC assaulting GB ......The GB AI did not buy mines etc

Russia Assulting Ukraine did not generate mines etc

Ukraine Assualting China did not generate mines etc

Restating the game I tried the original UKR vs Russia test... Mines and Wire bought

What I did not see any of was DT's in any test so it's hit and miss if mines are bought or not but it always was. We need to look into this but my suggestion to try is if you seem to be into a No mines etc rut try rebooting your computer. The game uses a random number generator to ensure the same thing does not happen over and over but sometimes in one sitting that CAN generate the same thing over and over becasue of the RNG

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle..