View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2023, 03:30 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,239 Times in 927 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: APC Development and related topics.

Well, I continue to follow the AJAX and its variants most notably the ARIES.

There's nothing newer out on the web to include from MOD. There is however another source that's reporting the same as I posted several months back (3/or 4 posts above this one.) concerning FOC etc.

"Alex Chalk, UK minister for defense procurement announced the IOC reset today (Somewhere between July to Dec 2025 per para 1) in an update to parliament and also confirmed that FOC has been scheduled to take place between October 2028 and September 2029."

This will have a profound effect on ARIES as they share a common platform.

"Overall, the British Army will receive up to six Ajax variants, with the vehicle set to become the service’s first fully digitized platform. It will primarily serve in a Intelligence, Surveillance, Target Acquisition and Reconnaissance (ISTAR) role, integrated with a 40mm-stabilized cannon and a primary sight fitted with “imaging technology capability” allowing it to detect and engage targets at “far greater ranges” than legacy platforms, according to GDLS-UK company literature."

The "ISTAR" issue will involve more complex components to fulfill this role. In light of this I will review the "+" positive impact it will have on the FCS and TI/GSR as previously stated. But for now, there is no rush to do this based on the continuity of the narrative as being reported to include MOD from my previous post.
https://breakingdefense.com/2023/03/...-8-years-late/

Also, my weekly ARMY News from the Australian MOD last week confirmed that their BOXERs will besides the LANCE 40mm turret also carry 2 launchers for the SPIKE-LR.

Don't get too excited because they've already reported the BOXER dates and they are very similar to the UK AJAX/ARIES dates.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; September 22nd, 2023 at 03:43 AM..