View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2023, 03:50 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,247 Times in 934 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: APC Development and related topics.

Saw similar myself when AJAX/ARIES where there was serious discussion before the latest issues came up which added more fuel to the fire.

But you reach a point of no return on the R&D end and beyond with the money already invested into the program that it makes more sense to try and fix the issues and hope for the best.

One example of this also involves the UK and I speak of the RN Aircraft Carriers. Due to the cost overruns and technical issues encountered the program was literally to be scrapped. However, after looking into the costs of scrapping those carriers, it was found to be much cheaper to just finish building them.

Going back to AJAX, MOD/Govt. finally "grew a pair" and withheld any further payments due General Dynamics and their subsidiaries (~750 million dollars) until they fixed the problems to an acceptable level. When indeed that occurred, the Motivation (Profit.) by industry managed to come up with solutions and fixes that for now is
why the AJAX/ARIES is moving forward again.

The delay has unfortunately cost us the ability to see them in the game.

Though I'll be cautiously optimistic for now and not call for them to be deleted.

However, another "push" to the right will be needed.

Somebody is going to have my Axx for staying up this late again two days in a row!?!

And life goes on!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: